Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation Unit
At SLG, the Department of Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation is focused on restoring function for a patient who has been disabled as a result of a disease, disorder, or injury. Catering to the needs of all age groups, we put into practice well-planned rehabilitation procedures that are designed to reverse potential impairments associated with various conditions like fractures, stroke, disc herniation, cervical and lumbar spondylitis and many other function and movement related challenges.
Our team comprising some of the best physiotherapists in Hyderabad adopts a holistic approach to ensure proper physical function and activity in individuals through personalized treatment programmes. Widely recognized as the best physiotherapy centre in Hyderabad, the department’s wide scope of activities includes:
Our team of physiotherapists is also fully geared to provide post-surgical rehabilitation, enabling our patients to return to their earlier level of physical ability while regaining their confidence and quality of life in the shortest possible time.
SLG has built-up a reputation as the best physiotherapy facility in Hyderabad by providing patients with the most advanced physical therapy modalities and equipment, including traction, ultrasound, interferential therapy (IFT), wax bath, electrical stimulator, heat therapy unit, continuous passive mobilization unit, and quadriceps strengthening chair.
What makes SLG Hospitals the Best Physiotherapy Hospital in Hyderabad
Conditions Treated & Services Offered
- Stroke and hemiplegia
- Spinal cord injury
- Brain injury rehabilitation
- Parkinson’s Disease Ergonomic assessment and correction advises
- Myopathy and muscular dystrophy
- Peripheral nerve injury, neuropathy, radiculopathy
- Gait (Walking) Disorders
- Ergonomic Assessment and Correction Advises
- Hemophilic Arthropathy
- Amputee care
- Joint Replacements
- Arthritis And Joint Conditions
- Back Injuries And Back Pain
- Disc Herniation.
- Cancer Pain Management.
- Neck pain, radiculitis, radiculopathy.
- chronic musculoskeletal pain
- Repetitive strain injuries.
- Neuropathic pain
- Myopathy and muscular dystrophy
- Cerebral palsy
- Congenital deformities: CTEV/other foot deformities
- Neurodevelopmental and other Neurodegenerative Disorders
- Diabetic Foot Ulcer?
- Burn Patients with Deformity
- Obesity and other lifestyle disease modifications
- Rheumatological rehabilitation
- Cardiopulmonary rehabilitation
- Laser Therapy
- CPM upper and lower
- Ultrasound Therapy(UST)
- Hydrocolleteral packs .
- Wax Therapy
- Cervical and Lumber Traction
- Advanced gymnasium equipment like tread mill, cycle exercisers, shoulder mobilization exercise and gait training equipment.
- Various exercise programs for limbs, Spine, Chest PT, Gait Training, Balance training program
- Cervical and lumber traction facility
- Joint Replacement Rehabilitation/
- Mayo-fascial release
- Kinesio-tapping application.
Advanced Knee / Shoulder Package
Knee Osteoarthritis Package
Back Pain Package
Bone Health Package
Physiotherapy, also known as Physical Therapy, is a speciality branch of healthcare that deals with and manages various physical disorders by optimizing movement and function. It involves the evaluation, diagnosis, treatment and prevention of various diseases and injuries using a variety of physical means and techniques.
The primary objective of physiotherapy is to restore physical movement. To achieve this, physiotherapists employ a variety of methods including manual therapy, exercise, and education. Instead of treating just the specific body part, physiotherapists take a holistic approach and provide guidance and advice on how to improve one’s overall health and well-being.
Physiotherapists are trained to manage an extensive range of health disorders and medical conditions that affect specific systems of the body such as:
- Neurological – Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, and cerebrovascular disease or stroke.
- Musculoskeletal – arthritis, chronic back pain, sports-related injuries, and trauma.
- Respiratory – asthma, COPD and cystic fibrosis.
- Cardiovascular – chronic heart disease, recovering from a heart attack or open-heart surgery.
Our physiotherapists are trained and skilled in restoring physical mobility and function after an injury or surgery. During your visit, the physiotherapist may discuss the issue with you, look at your health records, conduct an examination, and recommend special tests, before coming up with a rehab treatment plan that suits your needs.
SLG is known as the best rehabilitation hospital in Hyderabad, because our physiotherapists can help you in:
- Exercising and building up muscles
- Stretching muscles to gain flexibility
- Providing motion exercises to maintain or increase movement
- Designing exercises and activities to improve coordination and balance
- Teaching how to be independent after leaving the hospital
- Speeding up healing through use of massage, heat, cold, electric currents, or sound waves
New Physiotherapy aims to improve long-term physical function and recuperation from COVID-19 besides assisting COVID-19 patients to recover from respiratory difficulties while under treatment in hospital and Intensive Care Units.
It is recommended to undergo physiotherapy at a hospital with skilled and trained panel of physiotherapists. SLG Hospitals is the best physiotherapy hospital in Hyderabad which is equipped with all necessary infrastructure and specialists to deliver New Physiotherapy.
Generally, it is advised that you visit a physiotherapist when you experience any of the following conditions:
- Loss of balance
- Chronic pain
- Before and after surgery
- Neurological disease
- During and after pregnancy
SLG’s has a team of certified and skilled experts to offer you the best physiotherapy services in Hyderabad.